Monday, 24 October 2011

I like smells

I bought half a dozen perfume oils from Demeter Fragrance recently. I was inspired by reading Sadie's posts about perfume; also I've always wondered what their "Dirt" fragrance actually smells like. So this past week I've been wearing Dirt, Gingerbread, Laundromat, Pumpkin Pie, Russian Leather and Whiskey Tobacco.




Dirt is actually very subtle, at least on me. It does remind me of the scent of freshly-turned earth, and also of something else that I can't quite define.

Gingerbread and Pumpkin Pie smell as spicy and as sweet as you would expect. Me gusta.

Laundromat was a bit of a surprise. I was expecting something a bit more like washing powder, but on me this smells kind of coconutty, like sunscreen. That's not a bad thing at all, as I like the way it smells.

Whiskey Tobacco reminds me of a rich Xmas pudding. Definitely alcohol and cake, which are two of my favourite things (just look at my status updates for evidence of that).

Russian Leather was the real surprise here. On first application it really does smell like old furniture, which I like, but more of an old-wood than an old-leather smell. After it dried down though it was -- I don't know how to describe it -- rich, sweet, powdery? Anyway, it was something I definitely wanted to roll around in. And now I'm considering what to get for my next order, and thinking that if I combine this with "Paperback" then I will smell like a sexy library.

No comments:

Post a Comment